What is Viral Gastroenterites?
Viral Gastroenteritis is a common cause of acute diarrhea. It is one of the most important causes of death amongst infants and little children in developing countries like India and Bangladesh. Viral gastroenteritis occurs throughout the year although the summer months tend to have the greatest numbers.
The commonest reasons for this type of gastroenteritis being prevalent in India Is the heat,
humidity, dust, open sanitation, unwashed hands, flies, and unhygienic cooking.
Clinical Features of Viral Gastroenteritis
1. Nausea and vomiting.
4. Abdominal pain or gripes.
Management of Viral Gastroenteritis
1. Bed rest.
2. Oral rehydration therapy.
3. If a patient looks dehydrated, admit to a hospital.
Prevention of Viral Gastroenteritis
1. Pursue good hygiene.
2. Keep fingernails trimmed.
3. Do not eat food from street vendors.
4. Wash hands before a meal.
5. Drink water from a reliable source only.