What is Nephritis?
This condition results from structural and functional disintegration of the glomerular capillary
1. Bacterial infectious diseases: Infections of the throat, the teeth and of the heart valves,
blood poisoning, pneumonia, typhoid and secondary syphilis.
2. Viral diseases: Hepatitis B, mumps, measles, chickenpox.
3. Parasitic diseases: Malaria, toxoplasmosis.
4. Multisystem diseases: Inflammation of the blood vessels, SLE.
5. Primary glomerular diseases.
6. Radiation and serum sickness.
1.Blood in urine.
2.Excess protein loss in urine.
5.Salt and water retention: Heart failure, puffiness of eyelids and face, ankle swelling.
Admit for specialised care in a hospital.