what is Bacterial Meningitis?
It is defined as an inflammation of the pia-arachnoid membranes covering the brain and the fluid residing in the space, which it encloses.
1. Penetrating injuries of the skull.
3. Spread of infection from ears, sinuses, poor dentition.
The infective agent or its toxin if allowed sufficient time to act injures structures that lie within the subarachnoid space and adjacent to it.
1. Severe headache.
3. Fever, delirium, confusion.
4. Clouding of consciousness, drowsiness.
5. Neck rigidity.
6. Occasional weakness of arms and legs.
7. Psychological symptoms.
8. Cranial nerve involvement.
Evacuate to a hospital immediately.