Cushings Disease – Cause, Treatment of Cushings Disease
Table of Contents
What is Cushing’s Disease?
Increased size of adrenal tissue due to pituitary gland abnormalities or secondary to non-endocrine tumours in other organs producing excess hormones.
Causes of Cushing’s Disease
- Adrenal gland cancer.
- Excess use of steroid drugs.
- Clinical Features of Cushing’s Disease
- Full face, redness, and puffiness.
- Obesity with an excess deposit of fat behind the neck.
- High BP.
- Frank diabetes, peptic ulcer.
- Fatigue and muscle weakness.
- Weakened bones.
- Emotional changes, depression, confusion.
- Menstrual irregularities.
- Acne, increased body and facial hair.
Management of Cushing’s Disease
Investigation and treatment in a hospital.