A leg cramp is a pain that appear from a muscle in the leg. It is because of a muscle twinge which is when a muscle contracts too hard. Leg cramps can be very tender and uncomfortable as they are painful, sudden, instinctive spasm or contraction of muscles.
Leg cramps generally arise when you are resting - frequently at night when in bed. (They are frequently called night cramps.) They may get up you from sleep. It can become a stressful situation if your sleep is often anxious. If you have problems similar to hormonal discrepancy then you might be prone to leg cramps.
Causes of Leg Cramps
- Muscle fatigue because of overexertion
- Fluid discrepancy
- Nerve aberration
- Side effects of several medications
Easy Cures for Leg Cramps
- Eat potassium and calcium rich foods to liberation from leg cramps.
- Light exercise prior to bed can help rouse blood flow in the legs.
- One can moreover use cold pads to expand the desired effect.